Where Does Spirit Fly from STL (St. Louis)? Spirit Airlines’ network includes 2 domestic routes from St. Louis, a major Midwestern hub. It connects St. Louis with popular cities like Orlando (MCO) and Las Vegas (LAS), providing frequent services to these sought-after destinations. Orlando, a family favorite, is just a short 2-hour and 20-minute flight away, making it an ideal choice for quick getaways or extended vacations to the world-renowned theme parks. Las Vegas, the entertainment capital, is a longer 3-hour and 40-minute flight, offering an escape to its vibrant nightlife and casinos.
Spirit Airlines does not offer direct international flights out of St. Louis Lambert International Airport (STL). However, you can take connecting flights from St. Louis to destinations in the Caribbean, Central America, and South America.
Spirit Airlines St. Louis Departures (List of direct Spirit flights from St. Louis)
Currently, there are only 2 direct Spirit flights from St. Louis. They are listed in the table below with the flight duration, distance, and frequency.
|Spirit Airlines STL Departures(Direct/Nonstop Flights from St. Louis)
|S, M, T, W, T, F, S
|Las Vegas (LAS)
|S, M, T, W, T, F, S
The section below provides an overview of the flight durations, distances, and frequencies for Spirit Airlines’ direct flights from Saint Louis.
- Maximum Duration. The longest direct flight is to Las Vegas (LAS) with a duration of 3 hours and 40 minutes.
- Minimum Duration. The shortest direct flight is to Orlando (MCO) with a duration of 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- Maximum Distance. The farthest direct flight is to Las Vegas (LAS), covering a distance of 1,375 miles.
- Minimum Distance. The shortest direct flight is to Orlando (MCO), covering a distance of 886 miles.
- Maximum Frequency. Flights to Orlando (MCO) have the highest frequency, with 7-8 flights per day.
- Minimum Frequency. Flights to Las Vegas (LAS) have a slightly lower frequency, with 5-7 flights per day.
Spirit at St. Louis Airport (STL)
The table below offers a wealth of information for travelers flying with Spirit Airlines from St. Louis Lambert International Airport (STL). It covers a range of essential details, including the airport’s location, contact information, and specific services offered by Spirit Airlines at STL.
The table also provides guidance on navigating to the airport, security operations, and various ground transportation options available at STL. Additionally, it includes helpful tips on parking, service animal relief areas, accessibility services for travelers with special needs, and an array of other services offered at the airport. Use the table to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience if you’re flying with Spirit Airlines from St. Louis.
|Spirit Airlines & STL Airport
|St. Louis Lambert International Airport
|10701 Lambert International Blvd.St. Louis, MO 63145-0212, U.S.A.
|14 miles northwest of downtown St. Louis
|Airline Code (Spirit)
|Spirit Airlines STL Airport Terminal
|Spirit Airlines Phone Number at STL Airport
|STL Airport Phone Number
|Spirit Ticket Counter Hours at STL
|Mon—Sat: 5:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. 5:30 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.
Sun: 6:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. 5:00 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.
Directions to STL Airport
- If you’re coming from the south via Interstate 170, take exit 7B.
- If you’re coming from the north on I-170, opt for exit 7C, in the lane on the far left. This will briefly put you on a westbound path on I-70 for roughly a quarter of a mile, leading to exit 238A. This exit will guide you first past the East Terminal and then towards the Main Terminal.
If you’re traveling from St. Charles or using Interstate 270 from either St. Louis County or Illinois, your approach will be on the eastbound side of I-70. To reach the airport from this direction, take exit 235C, which is at Cypress Road.
Badge and Fingerprinting Services
At STL Airport, the Security Operations Unit, part of the Airport Police Department, manages the Badging and Fingerprint Office. This service is crucial for various personnel including vendors, contractors, airport employees, shuttle drivers, and taxi and limo services, all of whom require official security badges. To begin the badging procedure at STL, relevant forms and detailed information are available via the provided link.
Checkpoint Operating Hours
Managed by the TSA, the operating hours for security checkpoints are variable. Each checkpoint is equipped with advanced full-body scanners.
- Terminal 1, A Gates: Active from 4:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., serving passengers of Air Canada, Delta, United, and various charter flights.
- Terminal 1, C Gates: From 3:45 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., accommodating Air Choice One, Alaska, American, Cape Air, and Frontier.
- Terminal 2, E Gates: Functioning from 3:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., primarily for Southwest passengers and international charter arrivals.
Recommended Arrival Times
The TSA advises arriving at the airport at least two hours before your flight’s boarding time, especially during busy travel periods and holidays.
TSA Screening Preparation
Being well-informed about TSA screening procedures can expedite your airport security experience.
ID Requirements for Travel
Passengers 18 years or older must present valid government-issued ID at TSA checkpoints. This includes driver’s licenses, U.S. Passports, DHS trusted traveler cards, or U.S. Military IDs. For a full list of accepted IDs, refer to the TSA’s website.
Starting May 7, 2025, REAL ID-compliant licenses or ID cards, or other acceptable forms of ID, will be required for domestic flights, entry into federal facilities, and nuclear power plants. Keep up to date with REAL ID regulations in Missouri or Illinois. For additional queries, reach out to DHS at REALID@dhs.gov.
Remember, a U.S. passport is essential for all international travel.
A range of transport options are available for travelers at Saint Louis Airport (STL)—such as taxis, van services, limousine hires, hotel shuttle services, and the MetroLink rail service.
- Taxis: Taxis can be found outside the East and Main Terminals of the airport. Take exit MT14 at the Yellow level of the Main Terminal and for the East Terminal, head towards exit ET12.
- Rental Cars: Include companies like Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, Thrifty, and National. All rental car companies offer complimentary shuttle services to their off-airport locations. Vehicles should be returned directly to these off-site facilities. Details about Off-Airport rental car services are available in the Ground Transportation Providers section.
- Collection Points:
- Terminal 1: Outside Exit 17
- Terminal 2: Outside Exit 12
- Van Transport: Includes operators such as Eagle Transportation, USA Tours, Exit Express, and Trans Express. They usually meet passengers at the M1 Baggage Claim area or depart from the Brown Level via exits MT14, MT15, and MT16.
- Limousine Hire: Includes services from companies like Primo Sedans, National, Prearranged Services, Clayton Coaches Best Transportation, GEM, JED, Champagne, and Style Limo. Meeting points for passengers are generally at the Baggage Claim area or gate, with limousines stationed on the Yellow level at exits MT14, MT15, and MT16.
- MetroLink Rail Service: This light rail connects various parts of St. Louis and is accessible from the Main Terminal’s upper level at exit MT1 and the East Terminal’s parking garage. It runs from early morning at 5:00 am until midnight.
- Airport Parking Shuttle Points
- You can access the airport parking shuttles at exit MT11.
- Terminal-to-Terminal Shuttle Service
- This free service links both terminals and can be accessed from the Main Terminal at exit MT12 and the East Terminal at exit ET12.
- Hotel and Motel Shuttles
- To arrange for a shuttle to hotels and motels, use the complimentary phone services from the Main Terminal near Exits MT12, 17, and 18, with boarding at exit MT18. In the East Terminal, the service is available near Exit ET12, with shuttles boarding at ET15 (lower level).
- Central Bus Station Location
- The central station for services like the local Bi-State buses and Greyhound. Military buses are at the Intermediate Lot’s entrance, just to the south of the Main Terminal. You can access this station by taking the Terminal Shuttle from the lower level of the Main Terminal at Exit MT12.
- Parking Options at STL Airport: The airport offers several parking choices, including garage facilities and surface lots near both terminals, as well as long-term parking lots with complimentary, round-the-clock shuttle service.
- 24/7 Availability: All parking facilities at the airport operate continuously throughout the year.
- Frequent Traveler Rewards: Regular travelers can benefit from reward programs offered by the airport.
- Updated Parking Rates: Effective from August 1, there are new parking rates. For detailed rate information, visitors are directed to visit superparkinglot.com.
- Advance Booking: You can plan your airport parking by visiting www.SuperParkingLot.com to select an appropriate lot. Both STL’s homepage and the parking website provide real-time availability of parking spaces.
- Cell Phone Lots for Passenger Pickup: The airport provides designated Cell Phone Lots near each terminal for free, allowing motorists to wait for passengers. This is to ensure smooth traffic flow at the arrival areas.
- Locations of Cell Phone Lots:
- Terminal 1 Cell Phone Lot: 10985 Lambert International Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63044
- Terminal 2 Cell Phone Lot: 9837 Air Cargo Road, St. Louis, MO 63134
- Terminal Shuttle Service: A free shuttle service operates 24 hours a day between Terminals 1 and 2, with intervals ranging from 8 to 15 minutes.
- Additional Resources: The airport website provides a link to a printable parking map for convenience.
Tip. For the most current information on parking availability and rates, check the airport’s official website.
Service Animal Relief Areas
The Airport provides 6 areas for the relief of Service Animals.
- Terminal 1 Exterior close to Exit 6
- Near Gate A16 in the A Gates area
- Close to Gate C24 in the C Gates area
- Terminal 2 Exterior adjacent to Exit 15
- In the vicinity of Gate E4 in the T2 E Gates section
- Near Gate E40 in the T2 E Gates area
- Airport Familiarization for Travelers with Special Needs: Individuals with anxiety, autism, disabilities, or a fear of flying are invited to acquaint themselves with the airport environment before their actual flight day. This visit allows them to observe the dynamics of check-in, dining, shopping, navigating the airport, baggage collection, and the security process. Note that concourse and gate area access is limited to ticketed passengers due to federal rules.
- Free Wheelchair Assistance from Airlines: Each airline offers complimentary wheelchair assistance, including a personal escort, to alleviate anxiety and facilitate airport navigation. Contacting the airline beforehand ensures better accommodation for this service.
- TSA Cares Assistance Line: This helpline (call at 855-787-2227) is dedicated to providing extra help during the security screening for travelers with disabilities, medical conditions, or other special needs. Contacting them at least 72 hours before travel is recommended for guidance on security procedures.
- TSA Passenger Support Services: Travelers who need special help or have concerns about the security check can request a Passenger Support Specialist from the TSA. These specialists are available on request from any TSA staff or supervisor.
- Engaging with Airline Staff for Special Needs: Openly communicating with airline staff and flight attendants about any special requirements or fears is highly encouraged. Airlines are prepared to accommodate a range of passenger needs and should be informed in advance of specific assistance.
- Guidelines for Service and Emotional Support Animals: For information and assistance regarding travel with service or emotional support animals, travelers should consult their respective airlines.
- Breastfeeding and Pumping Facilities: The airport has three Lactation Suites near gates A10, C9, and E33, accessible post-security. These suites, compliant with ADA standards, are equipped with necessary amenities like sinks, power outlets, and comfortable seating. Access codes can be obtained by texting a number provided at each location.
Information on Carrying Breast Milk and Related Equipment: Travelers needing to carry breast milk, formula, or breast pumps can find comprehensive guidelines on the TSA’s official website.
- Free Wi-Fi Access: STL Airport offers 4 hours of free Wi-Fi per day, with additional time available for a fee.
- Airport Information & Paging Services: Offers complimentary voice paging and assistance for the hearing impaired, along with information on various airport facilities like baggage claim, ticket counters, and ground transportation. Available at Terminal 1 between baggage claim carousels 4 and 5, and Terminal 2 near Door 14.
- Banking and Currency Exchange: A US Bank branch located in Terminal 1 offers full banking and foreign currency exchange services for US Bank customers.
- Children’s Play Port: The airport features a transportation-themed educational play area for children, located near gate C3 in the C Gates area.
- Hotel/Motel Phone Centers: Toll-free phone centers for hotel and motel services are available in both terminals, with specific locations for passenger pickup.
- Lactation Suites: Three lactation suites are available for nursing mothers or travelers needing to breast pump, located near Gates A10, C9, and E33. These suites are ADA-compliant and equipped with various amenities.
- Lost & Found Services: Managed by the St. Louis Airport Police Department, with additional recovery of items by the TSA. Contact details are provided for inquiries.
- Tourism & Visitor Information: Explore St. Louis operates booths in both terminals, offering information on local hotels, attractions, restaurants, and events.
- Religious Facilities: Two chapels are available for prayer and contemplation, located in Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Chaplains offer weekly prayers and are available for meetings.
- Luggage Carts: Available for rent in both terminals and along Departures Drive of Terminal 1.
- Service Animal Relief Areas (SARA): Multiple relief areas for service animals are located outside the terminals and in each concourse.
USO Facilities: The James S. McDonnell USO in Terminal 1 provides various services for military visitors, including rest areas, TV viewing, and computer access.
Does Spirit Fly to St. Louis?
Spirit Airlines does not fly directly to St. Louis at present. However, airline routes and schedules can change frequently. For the most current information, it’s best to check directly with Spirit Airlines or the St. Louis Lambert International Airport’s website.
One of the main reasons Spirit does not fly directly to St. Louis is the airline’s focus on operating a low-cost model, which involves flying to major hub airports and then offering connecting flights to smaller destinations. By utilizing this strategy, Spirit can keep costs down and offer more affordable fares to its customers. Another reason is that St. Louis is currently not a high-demand destination for Spirit, meaning there may not be enough passenger demand to justify direct flights.
However, passengers can still easily reach St. Louis by booking a connecting flight through one of Spirit’s hub airports or by using other airlines that offer direct service to the city.
Frequently Asked Questions About Where Does Spirit Fly from STL (St. Louis)
Are you curious about the destinations Spirit Airlines serves from St. Louis Lambert International Airport (STL)? With the airline industry constantly evolving and routes frequently changing, it’s important to stay informed about your travel options. In this section, we address some of the most frequently asked questions regarding Spirit Airlines’ flight destinations from STL. Whether you’re planning a business trip, a family vacation, or a solo adventure, find out where you can fly with Spirit from St. Louis and get ready to embark on your next journey.
Spirit Airlines flies directly to 2 cities from St. Louis (STL)—Orlando (MCO) and Las Vegas (LAS).
Currently, the following 11 airlines fly out of St. Louis: Spirit, Aer Lingus, Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta, Frontier Airlines, Lufthansa, Southern Airways Express, Southwest, and United.
Spirit Airlines offers direct flights from St. Louis to Orlando (MCO) and Las Vegas (LAS).
The flight duration from St. Louis to Orlando is approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes.
Spirit Airlines operates between 5 to 7 flights per day from St. Louis to Las Vegas.
The flight from St. Louis to Orlando covers a distance of about 886 miles.
Yes, Spirit Airlines offers nonstop flights from St. Louis to Las Vegas.
Spirit Airlines flies from St. Louis to Orlando every day of the week.
The longest direct flight is to Las Vegas (LAS), with a duration of 3 hours and 40 minutes.
Yes, both flights from St. Louis to Orlando and Las Vegas are domestic routes.
The maximum number of daily flights is to Orlando, with 7-8 flights per day.
Yes, Orlando has 7-8 flights per day, while Las Vegas has 5-7 flights per day.